Fun for Kids
At Locherlour Estates we welcome children & babies with open arms, in fact, over 65% of our guests who stay with us have children and/or babies. All our properties have proper solid cots and highchairs, along with children's books and toys. We want everyone who stays with us to have fun and enjoy abit to luxury.
Crieff and the surrounding area is packed with activities for children. The following are some of own suggestions, certainly one which our son Ruairi (aged 10) loves to do, all of which have been tested and certified by the wee man:
- McCrosty park, 2 play areas (just 200m from town centre) - a daily must! The River Turret runs through the park, great for stone throwing
- Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre (http://www.auchingarrich.co.uk/ Tel: 01764 679469) near Crieff - great fun for kids, they can hold the baby chicks! and feed the pigs
- Perth Leisure Centre (Tel: 01738 492421) & Crieff swimming pool (Tel: 01764 653779) - both are good if it's raining
- Birnam Institute (Tel: 01350 727674) - Beatrix Potter world in Birnam (30 mins away)
- Salmon Leaping near Buchany Sprout (10mins from Crieff, off the beaten track) you may catch the salmon in Sept/Oct time - great fun
- Great short walks around Crieff (up the Knock hill and Lady Mary's Walk - all buggy friendly!!)
- Crieff Hydro Hotel (http://www.crieffhydro.com/ Tel: 01764 655555) - good facilities for kids, climbing frame and playgrounds
- Try Yann’s (Tel: 01764 650111) and Delvino's (Tel: 01764 655665) in the town centre for food – both great places to eat and very child-friendly .
- Hire some bikes – all sizes catered for, Comrie Croft Bike Hire (http://www.comriecroftbikes.co.uk/ Email: email@example.com Tel: 01764 670140 Dial-a-bike: 07933 781133)
- Visit to Noah’s Arc in Perth (http://www.noahs-ark.co.uk/, Tel: 01738-445568) - soft-play area and mini go-kart racing